Alberta's employment standards are found in the Employment Standards Code and the Employment Standards Regulation. These laws establish minimum standards of employment for:
- Payment of earnings;
- Minimum wage;
- Hours of work, rest periods and days of rest;
- Overtime and overtime pay;
- Vacations and vacation pay;
- General holidays and general holiday pay;
- Maternity and parental leave;
- Termination of employment;
- Employment of individuals under 18 years of age; and
- Adolescent employment in the restaurant and food services industry.
If you have questions regarding the standards, contact us to set up a consultation.